Are you pregnant or planning to become pregnant and want more information on women's services at Lone Peak Hospital?Call (801) 545-8262
Your child's birth is a precious one that you might want to share quietly together. Or, it might be a time to gather loved ones around in joyful celebration. At Lone Peak Hospital, we treat childbirth as wellness- not illness- and we understand that you want options. We will support your choices and provide personalized care for you and your baby during childbirth.
Our nursing staff are experts at providing compassionate, quality care to moms and babies. We are committed to providing a soothing and tranquil atmosphere for you and your family. You'll remain in the same private room for both your labor and recovery, with the option of having your newborn by your bedside or in the nursery so you may rest.
Labor & Delivery
- Our birthing suites are LDRP rooms, which means you'll labor, deliver, and recover in the same room designed to ensure your comfort.
- Furnishings include a birthing bed, and sleeper sofa. The rocker, Internet access and TV/DVD will have you feeling right at home.
- Pain management to suit your preference:
- 24-hour epidural coverage with a board-certified anesthesiologist
- Walking in labor
- Movement to find positions of comfort while in labor
- You may choose for family to be present during delivery.
- Two designated operating rooms for C-sections
After the arrival of your little one, you can relax knowing your baby is receiving high-quality care from our expert nursery staff. We encourage your baby to "room in," meaning that your baby will remain in your room with you rather than in a nursery, unless you need a break.
- Dads or another support person may "room in" with you during this special time.
- Enjoy a gourmet meal for two to celebrate your new joy.
- Hearing tests for newborns.
- Circumcision education and services for newborn boys.
- Kernicterus prevention and jaundice testing and monitoring; light therapy when needed.
- Visiting hours allow family and guests to ooh-and-ahh over your new addition.
- Our infant security system will protect your baby throughout your hospital stay.